I’ve been meaning to post this update for some time now and as it’s a quiet time of year, i thought what better time. Besides, it will probably give me some inspiration to get on and do the Nursery in the New Year. Anway, here goes.
The kitchen is finished. All the new spotlights have been put in, the holes from the old spotlights have been covered up, the ceiling has been replastered and it’s all been emulsioned and painted
The existing lights have been removed (that’s what the big circular holes are) and the new ones have been put in, along with the necessary wiring.
The existing artex has been scraped away, the unwanted holes magically covered up and the ceiling is replastered. You can see the new lights hanging down from the ceiling ready to be seated back in their holes once the ceiling has been emulsioned.
All done. I sealed the ceiling with watered down PVA solution and gave it about 3 coats of white emulsion. It’s the first time I’ve used a roller, as I used to use those paint pad things. Rollers are so much easier and use less emulsion too - well, compared to the way I was slapping it on with the paint pads!
The thing about using a roller is that I have to wear a hat so it doesn’t get into what bit of hair I have left. This is the only time you’ll see me wearing a Microsoft garment and I truly enjoy splattering it with paint, emulsion or whatever comes its way.